We had our very first Sunday in the new house (last Sunday doesn’t count because we had to wake and leave early for Tucson). It was fantastic.
We spent the entire day working on the shed, taking one break early to get lag screws to anchor the floor and taking the other around 3pm for a late lunch.
While sorting through the metal hardware bag, I knocked a nut off the table and it fell into a PILE OF CACTUS BITS. Luckily, we were able to poke pieces out of the way to find it.
We found this giant screw near the lag screws.
Floor panels on the platform.
Floor panels spread out.
This stage is post-hardware store visit; floor corners are lagged.
All the walls are in place and loosely attached by their plastic screws to the floor.
Attaching the metal support braces. This one is particularly long because the gable will attach to it.
The dogs are watching from a safe distance.
Assembling the metal roof supports.
Once the roof supports were attached, we snapped the sky light in place and then lifted the whole system into the roof braces.
Getting the roof braces to bolt into these attachment points was one of the trickiest parts of the operation. Working with your hands overhead is hard enough and to add to it, the screw holes just did not want to line up.
Attaching the front and back gable pieces.
Screwing the roof frame to the front of the shed. Storm’s a-comin
Metal bracing in place at the front of the shed.
Sliding the first roof panel into place. These 6 panels were also very tricky. We had to use the hammer to smash them into their clips in the sky light.
Roof all done!
Inside shot. Final picture is shown at the top of post.