We reviewed the clearance requirements for the bathroom earlier in the day so we were ready when it was house project time. Brian left work early, made a few purchases at the hardware stores and then started at the house.
When I joined him after work, he showed me the process of attaching the outlets. He drilled the first drain plumbing hole; we are starting with the toilet and working toward the shower.
Pretty windy day! Thankfully, most of our work was inside. The only outside stuff was drilling a hole up into the plumbing wall (the hole saw could only go about halfway through from either direction) and cutting the PVC pipe.
As you can see in the featured image at the top, we used a metal hose clamp to help guide the (out-of-control) Sawzall blade. The ideal blade is not the one depicted – it is a taller, thicker metal cutting blade which is less floppy (e.g. a Milwaukee ‘Torch’ blade). We have one such blade but it is too short so we could only use it to make the initial penetration, after which we switched to the longer (floppy) blade. We did not use the hose clamp with the first couple of pipe cuts and they ended up not-at-all-square.
We took everything out of the bathroom so somebody could be making holes in the floor and then worked on outlets. Because these holes are smaller, we only had to do one run to the apartment to charge the battery.