We visited the lumber store this past Monday and inspected their options for window casing material. We decided on the 1x6x8 pine (?) and planned to return on Wednesday when their fresh shipment came in.
Wednesday morning, after our coffee rush, Brian purchased the lumber and took it home. We didn’t get much done that evening because I had a 6pm meeting and Brian wanted to go hiking.
Thursday evening, he cut everything to size, including the final piece of our non-bathroom trim. We attached it together and voila, all of the house baseboard is now in place. The only pieces that remain are a few small ones inside the bathroom. Also, during this time, I organized the house, unpacked some boxes and vacuumed.
We brought the cut pieces of window casings to work on Friday so we could paint between coffee rushes.
We picked up a second quart of our ‘heron’s plume’ paint from Sherwin Williams and started the second coat at 5:00pm, exactly 4 hours from the first coat (as recommended on the can). We finished 45 minutes later, went home for dinner and then came back around 7:15 to put the wood inside.
Brian started taking care of painting the backs early on Saturday – around 8:30am. We don’t have to paint the entire back because only abut 1.5″ will be exposed. We are going to go with a brush’s width and call it good.
After work on Saturday, we took care of a number of errands, then visited work again after dark to put the boards inside and ended the evening with some delicious apple pie.